Self-care is such an important factor in living a happy, healthy life. It can be one of the most rewarding, and the most difficult, things to do.
We often put off self-care as if we don’t have time. In essence, we tell ourselves that our happiness and well-being are low priority and not as important as everything else in our life. This is simply not true.
Making time for our own well-being is instrumental to feeling fulfilled and at peace. We must begin to view ourselves and our happiness as a top priority.
It can be difficult to focus on ourselves, especially when we are used to taking care of everyone else. So we have collected 30 ideas to help you along your path.
30 ideas to promote self-care:
- make yourself a priority
- start a regular exercise practice
- go to a coffee shop to read, write or people-watch
- get a manicure and/or pedicure
- get a new haircut
- read about a subject you find fascinating
- go to the park
- practice deep breathing
- color or paint
- draw or doodle
- read poetry
- take a nature walk
- practice yoga
- remove negative, selfish, and narcissistic people from your life
- spend quality time with loved ones
- focus on a personal goal you’ve been putting off
- take a bike ride
- take a drive out of the city
- learn something new
- take a trip to a local museum
- visit someplace new (it doesn’t have to be far away)
- let go of blame and old grudges
- talk to yourself with positivity and respect
- take up a new hobby
- volunteer with kids, the elderly, or animals in need
- rid your life of clutter
- get a plant for your home/personal space/work space
- do something you always wanted to try but never have
Focusing on our own well-being can be hard, but the rewards are beyond measure. You feel happier, more calm, and more peaceful when you make your self-care a priority.
This will begin to permeate aspects of the rest of your life, from your daily activities to your different relationships. It will help you to handle stress in a more positive way, preparing you to cope with people and situations in a healthy, happy manner.
Click on the image below for your free printable checklist to download to help you stay on the continuous path to growth and happiness:
What are some of the ways that you find to promote self-care, positivity and growth in your life? Leave us a comment and let us know!